Paranormal Investigators Of Milwaukee

PIM has officially partnered
with Allison Jornlin of
Milwaukee Ghost Tours!


Private Residence
November 6, 2010
Paranormal Investigators of Milwaukee (PIM)

INVESTIGATORS: Karen, Marty, Tony


The group arrived at the location around 3 p.m. to do preliminary investigation interviews and to evaluate the home. Karen was in touch with the clients for several months and kept a list of activities the she was provided.

  • Client felt something brush up against her leg in the Master Bedroom and something brush up on her in the Laundry Room.
  • Youngest son reports seeing an elderly woman in his room.
  • Client and her sister have seen a shadow walking between Master Bedroom and Upstairs Bathroom
  • Footsteps have been heard along with voices
  • Feelings of being watched in several areas of the house

The client provided the group a tour of the home once they unloaded their equipment. Once the tour was completed, Karen and Marty (two of the group's sensitives) went around and documented their impressions of the home. After Karen completed her impressions, she joined Tony with the rest of the client's family to discuss their experiences in the home - seven people were interviewed at that time. Marty continued to walk around the property until he was done with his impressions.

Because of the sensitivity of the situation, the group interviewed the youngest child individually as he only recently opened up to his family about the things he experienced in the house.

After all individuals were interviewed, Karen and Marty went over their impressions (see Impression Section). The group then decided to head to dinner and would set up their equipment after they came back. They left at 6 p.m.

While gone, the client's family left to head to a hotel for the night while the mother stayed at home alone. While there, she stated she was on the computer and heard loud footsteps coming from the Living Room right next to her.

When the group got back around 7:30 p.m., they then placed equipment mostly in the upstairs part of the house as that was where most of the activity had been reported.


All group members, including the client and her husband, spread out throughout the 2nd floor and began the investigation at 9:09 p.m. Karen was on the stairs, Marty the 2nd Main Bedroom and Tony the smaller bedroom with the client and her husband in the Master Bedroom. All group members sat in silence for five minutes to observe the normal sounds of the building.

When the group began an electronic voice phenomenon (EVP) session, the group asked questions about who was there and what they wanted. When there were no reactions, the group decided to start asking questions of the negative spirit in the house that both Karen and Marty picked up. During that time, everyone on the 2nd level noticed particular areas seemed to get darker and then lighten up as there were energy changes in the conversation. Marty attempted to have the spirit make contact using the K2 meter, but no activities occurred.

At 9:42 p.m., the group decided to leave the client and her husband upstairs to communicate with the spirits they thought were up there. The group felt the spirits might communicate more with those they were more familiar with.

Prior to heading downstairs, while a video camera was being reloaded with a new DVD, Karen felt a tingling sensation as she was putting her hand near an area where she had picked up on a negative spirit. Tony would feel the same sensation shortly thereafter. They then situated themselves on the 1st floor around 9:47 p.m.

While the client and her husband were in the Master Bedroom conducting an EVP session, the husband stated he felt his ear being touched. After several minutes, both the client and her husband stated they saw two shadows around 10:07 p.m. - one in the doorway to the smaller bedroom and one in the doorway of the Master Bedroom from the hallway. They described them as those of children.

During this time, all PIM members observed things on the 1st level. No activities appeared to happen until they decided to head upstairs when the client made mention of the shadow in the Master Bedroom doorway. When Tony went by the 1st floor bathroom, the bathroom door appeared to be pushed into the wall by an unseen force.

When the group headed upstairs to see the shadow the clients were talking about, Marty and Tony saw the shadow and described it as a small figure that seemed to be crouched down with its arms folded. Unfortunately, no cameras picked up the shadow, which could be attributed to the types of filters the cameras use for filming in infrared. Karen stated she thought one of the boy's names was "Matthew."

To see if the same type of reaction would occur, all PIM members headed back downstairs at 10:19 p.m. to see if they could recreate the bathroom-door situation. They tried to recreate this by walking in the same area using the same force to see if the door would move, which it didn't. The clients continued to do an EVP session, and later called out that the room felt dark and negative.

Karen would head to the stairs to sit and observe while Tony and Marty stayed on the first floor. The clients heard footsteps and toys tinkering in the smaller bedroom. Karen then asked if Tony and Marty could come upstairs at 10:40 p.m. No activities occurred during this time, and the group decided everyone should take a break - all headed downstairs at 10:49 p.m.

While sitting and talking, all three PIM members would feel as if someone was standing on the stairs watching the group. Around 11 p.m. Marty went into a trance as one of the girl spirits appeared to have come downstairs. He stated her name was "Trina" and she was 4-years old. She was looking for her sister. She was scared of the man, which she called "Mr. Scary."

At that point, Tony and Karen headed upstairs to see if they could find the negative spirit. When Karen walked into the 2nd Main Bedroom, she was overcome with fear and was scared as if she took on the emotions of the children that were scared of "Mr. Scary". She kept looking at the bedroom closet as if it were a place for the children to hide. Once Tony opened it and told all the "kids" they were to follow them as they would protect them, all emotion went away.

They returned to the 1st floor, and around 11:12 p.m. everyone heard a loud noise come from the 2nd floor. It was not determined if it were paranormal or not.

While sitting and talking a little bit more, Karen would feel a fuzzy feeling come over her entire body and was unable to focus on anything as if there were a haze in front of her face. Several others in the room stated it was extremely dark where she was, and Marty would state it was one of the "girls". After several minutes, the feeling went away.

During this time, Marty would also try to help cross over a few of the children to protect them. He tried this several times throughout the night. Cold spots were found in the area he tried to conduct these sessions.

At 11:45 p.m., the group decided to head back upstairs and sit in their original positions. Marty moved his camera from the Hallway into the 2nd Main Bedroom, and Tony's camera was brought upstairs from the Living Room.

The group then attempted another EVP session, and around 11:49 p.m., Tony began to feel a lot of emotion from the possible negative male. He began talking fast and kept talking about how the negative male was feeling. It would take him over an hour to calm down from the episode as he had never experienced that before. During the time Tony was having this experience, Karen kept hearing noises from the 1st floor as if someone kept walking around.

Around 12:15 a.m. as the group concluded the session, they decided to take another break as the owner of the home was coming over to see how things were going. At one point, everyone in the room would hear knocking coming from the basement. No evidence of anyone knocking was found, and the owner arrived around 12:30 a.m. and would leave around 1:30 a.m.

All group members would then head back to the 2nd floor to conduct a "Franks Box" experiment - it was used with noise-canceling headphones to eliminate as much outside noise as possible for the listener.

The box and listener were situated in the Upstairs Hallway with those asking questions in the Master Bedroom and 2nd Main Bedroom.

A "Frank's Box" is a device that is set up to run through radio stations at a fraction of a second each. It is theorized that spirits are able to use the white noise to communicate words through the device which can be heard as words or full sentences. The group would start this around 1:41 a.m. and would conclude at 5:18 a.m. (NOTE: This was the night of the time change and the time documented is before the change).

The only activity that occurred during this time was that Karen's flashlight appeared to tip over by itself while she was sitting and listening to the box around 2:25 a.m. Group members would also hear footsteps on the stairs. Also several things were brought up during the session that could be relevant to the haunt. Future research to back up what was heard will be needed to confirm these items.

  • There appeared to be several spirits that appeared to communicate - female and male
  • A child's name of "Tobin" was brought up as one of the children spirits that were in the basement
  • There appeared to be interaction between the group members and a spirit using the box when there was a number count down from 10 to 1. Tony was listening at the time and responded with the next number in sequence after Marty would say it. At times there was much violent and negative language that came through - including calling names of those who were in the room.

Toward the end of the "Frank's Box" session, cats were heard meowing, and the husband went to the basement to make sure they were still in the room they were placed in earlier in the night. Upon going to the basement, he saw the bedroom door that was closed to keep the cats in was open, and the box of books that was holding it shut was now moved - neither the clients nor any PIM members moved the box.

The group then packed up their equipment and left to head back to Milwaukee around 5:45 a.m.


AUDIO: See clips in Evidence tab.


This case proved to be far more interesting than expected. Between hearing noises, odd voices and people having personal experiences of seeing shadows, it was very active the entire night during the investigation. With the small amount of evidence we have collected, it's not enough to scientifically say the place is 100% haunted. Everyone during the investigation had a personal experience, but further investigation and experimentation will need to be done in the future in order to come to any concrete conclusion. We look forward to another visit to the residence in the hopes to discover an explanation for the reported activities.

11/06/10 Private Residence
9:49pm Second Floor:

Quick voice around 6 seconds.
11/06/10 Private Residence
10:01pm Second Floor:

Male Voice.
11/06/10 Private Residence
Second Floor:

Unidentified noise.