The group arrived at the restaurant at 5:30 p.m. They unloaded their equipment and began to get ready for the investigation. The group played big band music since it’s known Al Capone use to frequent the location – it was thought that music from that era could possibly generate an increase in activity.

After the music started, Karen, a group sensitive, went around and did Electromagnetic Field (EMF) readings and wrote down her impressions of the building. Mike took baseline readings, while Noah started to set up equipment to be placed throughout the restaurant. The owner, Jimmy, along with his wife and their roommate would leave the premises but would return later in the evening.

While Noah was placing a camera in the basement, both Karen and Mike were down with him. Karen at one point would report feeling as if someone grazed her left arm. No one else was near her at that time.

Claims of Activity

  • Reports of seeing a boy or girl in the front porch
  • 2 people saw a man in a grey suit – possibly the spirit of “A.J.”
  • Lilac perfume smell near the end of the bar
  • Silverware was thrown off a table in front of a customer


After all equipment was set up, the group spread out throughout the dining room to begin the night’s investigation – Karen was in the Main Dining, Mike was in the Billiard Room and Noah was in the Atrium. Starting at 8 p.m., the group sat in silence to observe the typical building noises. After that time, the group decided to conduct an electronic voice phenomenon (EVP) session to see if they could make contact with the spirits that reside in the building.

At around 8:15 p.m., Noah thought he heard voices and tried to see if it was coming from anyone leaving the bar in the other building. No one was seen. He would also hear shuffling sounds as well.

The group would conclude this EVP session at 8:40 p.m. and would move into the Cigar Room – Mike sat in the hallway by the Cigar Room doorway to observe. At around 8:45 p.m. all three members thought they heard what sounded like a pool ball dropping into a pocket. Upon listening to the audio, although the noise was captured, it could be attributed to being a building noise caused from the temperature differences from the cold air outside.

No other activities occurred during this time, and the group headed to the Heavenly Room at 8:51 p.m. The group attempted to conduct an EVP session, but nothing occurred. It was noted there appeared to be a fluctuating EMF level in the room. It was not found as to what it was, but could possibly be in relation to some of the equipment in the basement.

Heading to the bar at 9:05 p.m., Karen and Noah sat at the bar, while Mike sat in the Music Room. They attempted to conduct an EVP session but no activities occurred. They concluded at 9:25 p.m. Shortly after at 9:30 p.m., there was a loud pop – possibly another building noise. This noise was also captured on audio devices and the noise sounds like something falling to the floor. Nothing was noticed to be out of place at the time.

Deciding to head back to the dining room, everyone sat in a different room than before – Karen in the Atrium, Mike in the Main Dining and Noah in the Billiard Room. They attempted a quick EVP session from 9:33 p.m. to 9:36 p.m. No activities occurred, but the owner, his wife and roommate came back at that time.

To let everyone get settled back in their residential area, the group decided to head outside at 9:46 p.m. to do some investigating. Karen during the initial walk-through picked up on an incident that occurred and wanted to see if she could get more details. While walking through the woods, she did pick up on a few spirits, and the group attempted an EVP session. Please see impressions portion for more details. No activities occurred during this time and the group headed back inside at 10:30 p.m.

They decided to head to the basement to conduct an EVP session as they hadn’t investigated that area yet. While in the back section near the washer and dryer, Noah felt something poke him in the arm and touch across his hand. Mike would later feel something on the back of his neck. It was not found if any of these feelings were paranormal in nature.

No other activities occurred during this time, and the group concluded the EVP session at 11:07 p.m.

Heading back upstairs, all group members sat in the bar area to engage in casual conversation. It has been found by PIM that during these times, activity sometimes occurs during investigations as the spirits are being ignored, and it gives them a chance to try to reach out for attention. Nothing occurred and the group concluded at 11:43 p.m.

To end the evening’s investigation, the group decided to sit throughout the dining room again to conduct an EVP session. It would be noted the TV from upstairs could be heard in the Atrium.

The group ended the EVP session at 12:06 a.m. and they proceeded at that point to pack up their equipment. They officially left at 12:30 a.m.


Atrium – 9:30 pm

The sound of something falling is captured on audio

Bar – 11:41 pm

A overlapping male voice is captured

Main Dining – 8:13 pm

A voice is captured after a PIM member speaks


Overall this investigation was very exciting. Our attempts to communicate with a boy spirit outside was interesting and it is unknown if other groups have encountered or even investigated the grounds. Comparing our findings with other groups will be helpful for our next investigation. Heaven City does make a lot of noises, some of them loud. It is hard to say what a normal noise is and what is paranormal in nature. We were able to capture some audible evidence during this investigation however, the clips captured are not conclusive enough to confirm the haunting at this time. Further investigations conducted by PIM will allow us to create a greater body of evidence from which to draw our conclusions about the paranormal activity at Heaven City.

View All Cases