At 6:05 pm Noah, John and Missy arrived at Tinker Swiss Cottage. Noah met with Steve, the Executive Director of Tinker Swiss Cottage, and he unlocked the doors and let us in. The group was led into the Kitchen which is where they decided to bring all of the equipment and set up home base. Steve immediately began to explain the architecture of the beautiful Kitchen. Since Tinker Swiss Cottage was a home but is now a museum the team was not allowed to touch any of the furniture or artifacts inside the museum. When all of the equipment was brought in it was set safely onto the floor as not to disturb any of the items in the Kitchen. Steve took the group on a tour of The Cottage. He explained not only the paranormal activity in the building but about how The Museum is the home to all of the Tinker family’s personal possessions. The tour took the group throughout all three floors of the cottage. During the tour John felt as though the Master Bedroom had a very heavy, sad feeling. He also reported that he felt as though someone had run past him while in the 2nd Floor Library.

View Environmental Data

At 6:55 pm the tour ended and it was time to start deciding where to put equipment. By that time Gravy had arrived and began the process of covering the windows with dark plastic to darken the rooms. This allows for less video contamination from the street traffic outside. Missy was given the task of taking outside conditions and inside baseline readings. While Missy was taking baseline readings she felt as though someone ran past her in the Master Bedroom. When that happened she looked down at the EMF detector she was using and it gave a reading of 2.0 mG. The room had been at a consistent reading of 0.47 mG just moments before. She continued to sweep the room, checking the EMF readings but was unable to replicate the experience. John began his walkthrough of The Cottage to take his Sensitive Readings and overall impressions of the place. Noah began to plan and place equipment throughout The Cottage. When the group’s investigators finished their tasks they join Noah in setting up equipment. By 8:19 pm everyone was ready to help with set up. This task took until 10:12 pm and then the group was ready to begin the investigation.


Basement – 10:22 pm

The first place that the group decided to investigate was The Basement. The Basement is very long and in order to cover the place fully the group situated themselves throughout from one end to the other. John was in the Basement Kitchen, Gravy sat in the Blue Bedroom, Noah sat in front of the closet under The Stairs, and Missy was at the end of the hallway in front of the exit near The Bridge. After the group settled themselves in their places, Noah called for five minutes of controlled silence to accustom themselves to the various sounds of The Basement. The first thing they noticed was the trains are very close to The Cottage. The noise is very loud and trains do seem to come past The Cottage often. The second noise that everyone noticed was the sound of the heat. The Furnace Room is in The Basement making that noise very loud as well. During the group’s time in The Basement they asked a lot of questions but no activity was reported. After a while it was decided to leave the Basement to return at a later time in the evening. The group decided to make their way to the 1st Floor.

END TIME: 10:54 pm

1st Floor – 11:02 pm

The group headed up to the 1st floor. The 1st Floor is large as well and it was decided to place a different person in each room. Missy sat in the Living Room, John sat in the Main Entryway, Noah sat in the Parlor, and Gravy sat in the Library. After five minutes of controlled silence the 2nd EVP session of the evening began. At 11:08 pm Gravy noticed a light that appeared on the ceiling in the Parlor. Noah thought it might have been a car that had just passed by outside causing a reflection to appear on the ceiling.

At 11:10 pm Missy thought she heard a voice coming from near the game table in front of her. She immediately asked if it could be said again. Noah thought he might have heard a noise coming from near the Living Room. There was a voice recorder placed on the game table. Missy got up to be certain it was operating since activity was centered in that area at the time. Unfortunately Missy discovered that the battery in that recorder was dead even though it had only been running for a short time. Gravy changed the battery and placed the recorder back on the game table.

Once the group was settled back in their places the EVP session resumed. This time Missy sat right next to the game table in hopes to better hear any voices that may be coming from that area. Gravy began by asking questions while sitting in the library.

At 11:15 pm the hair on his head felt to him like they began to stand up. The sensation stopped after a few moments. At 11:22 pm Missy again heard what sounded like a female voice coming from near her in the Living Room. Nobody else was able to hear this voice. Shortly after at 11:31 pm Gravy heard what sounded like a snapping noise close to him. It is unclear as to what caused the noise and nobody else was able to hear it.

At 11:34 pm Noah and John heard a noise coming from between them and Missy heard what she described as a woman’s voice coming from the Living Room. Since a lot of the noises seemed to be coming from near Missy, Noah decided to join her in the Living Room in hopes of hearing the same noises she was hearing. Once Noah was settled, the black plastic that Gravy had used to block the light from coming into the Living Room fell down. Gravy went out to fix it at 11:43 pm. It only took him a short time to fix it but once he came in it was decided to end this EVP session and move on to the 2nd Floor.

END TIME: 11:44 pm

2nd Floor – 11:49 pm

The group decided to make their way to the 2nd floor. Once they arrived upstairs it was decided that Missy would sit in the Knitting Room, John in the Master Bedroom, Noah in the Nursery, and Gravy at the top of the stairs (just outside of the Red Room). The team observed their usual five minutes of controlled silence and discovered that the train and traffic noise can be heard on this floor as well. The windows were able to be well covered before beginning the investigation. This made it quite dark up there resulting in less contamination from the street lights and cars going by.

At 11:49 pm it was time to begin the next EVP session. Noah introduced the team by name and asked if anyone would want to communicate. Nothing was heard directly after but after a few more questions at 11:08 pm Gravy heard three noises that he thought might have been footsteps. He then began a line of questioning asking if anyone would like to play a game with him. He explained that he had brought jacks to play with and if anyone would like him to get them from downstairs he would.

At 12:02 am both Gravy and Missy heard the sound of a little girl whimpering. Gravy then asked if she would prefer he bring up a toy kitty or toy horse for her to play with. At 12:08 am Noah asked if the little girl could say her name. John heard a 2 syllable whisper and Missy distinctly heard the name “Katy” being said. Unfortunately this was not captured on audio or video making it only a personal experience. The group tried very hard to communicate with “Katy” or anyone else but nothing else was experience on the 2nd Floor during this EVP session.

END TIME: 12:24 am

The group decided to take a break.

During the groups break they made sure all batteries were operational throughout the house. They checked all trigger objects to make sure nothing had been moved and made sure all windows are still covered.

END TIME: 1:30 am

2nd Floor Red Room – 1:35 am

The group headed back up to the 2nd Floor, this time specifically focusing on the Red Room. This room was claimed to be where two deaths have occurred. It is also the original Master Bedroom of Robert Tinker before he expanded the cottage. This time the group sat in a circle on the floor. The group had also placed a paintbrush and paints along with a picture of Robert Tinker in this room as trigger objects. Mr. Tinker was an accomplished painter and the grouped hoped that the objects would interest him. Noah brought a set of flash cards with various pictures and shapes to play a “game”. This was also a tactic to peak interest and curiosity. Before the group began their EVP session John stated that the general feel of this room was “heavy”. He also felt that someone was watching from outside of the room but wouldn’t enter.

Once the group was settled in their positions they began an EVP session. They asked many questions about the deaths that occurred in that room without response. They also made it known that the paints and brushes were set out specifically for Mr. Tinker. They also tried to communicate with “Katy” but had no success. At 2:04 am Noah felt a vibration on the floor where he sat but nobody else had felt it. It was then decided that it was time to move on to a new location as it was nearing the end of the evening.

END TIME: 2:06 am

1st Floor Library – 2:12 am

The group decided to spend the remainder of their evening in the Library. The Library has two floors but they specifically sat on the 1st Floor. The group sat on the floor in a circle. It was much quieter outside now. The group began their next EVP session at 2:12 am. The group asked many questions about the family. They called out names of the Tinker family members hoping to stir up activity. They asked about the rocking chair and asked someone to rock it for them.

At 2:18 am Missy thought she saw a flash of light near the rocking chair but there was no movement of the chair itself. Shortly after at 2:21 am, Gravy saw a shadow in the Dining Room. The group had placed trigger objects in the Smoking Parlor near the Dining Room (a cigar, liquor, a bullet, and a deck of cards) and asked if anyone had noticed they were there. The group made it known that they had brought it for Mr. Tinker and his guests. They also asked if Mrs. Tinker could bring them some tea and cookies into the Parlor. There was no more activity and it was now 2:30 am so the group decided to wrap up the first night of the investigation and began to break down the equipment.

END TIME: 2:30 am

This investigation took place over the course of two days on location. To see the rest of the investigation, evidence, and our conclusion click here

View All Cases